Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Breath that Fans the Flames

Creativity Comes from a Positive Place – Dirges are only the Fuel
Dirges and sadness, rebukes and defeat, crashing and burning, loss and longing... are all the most volatile fuel for my creation. Yet, one sided-creation is extreme and lacks dimension. The most creative moments come from a seat of joy while holding the hurts of the past clearly in my memory. Without the positive seat, there is little motivation to complete the work that it may shine as a piece of art. Negative experiences are the fuel. Positivity is the spark. Creativity is the flame. Without a spark there can be no flame. If ever there were a driving force to swim back to the surface of my pain for a breath before death overtakes my heart, it is this. Quite a strong propulsion if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment