Monday, March 3, 2014

Facing My Own Repetitiveness



I discovered some years ago that I repeatedly ask the same questions, think on the same handful of topics, and care about the same few issues.  I’m highly conscious of this in myself and I’m curious whether it is as obvious to others about me as it is to me about myself.  I want to know whether it is irritating to some.  Also, have you noticed it within yourself as well?

Some on my list of “Questions that Just Never Go Away” are:
1)      Communication – how does it work, what is it?
2)      Love – What is it? How does it work?
3)      The transient nature of feelings of all kinds
4)      Self awareness – and related to that, unconscious behaviors
5)      How to feel fulfilled
6)      What constitutes work?  Is all worthwhile work visible?  I have a different view of this than many people, I think.

Those of you who recognize a pattern of asking the same questions again and again within yourself throughout your whole life in order to get the deepest possible understanding on these subjects, do you mind sharing these questions/topics with me?

If you do not relate to constant self reflective questions, what is your reaction to this as an idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment