Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Sparkling Gemstone of My Life

I sit and ponder life in the comfort of a familiar place, with sleeping child at my side and the sounds of the outside gently bouncing off the walls of my tranquil chamber.  It is without question the first time the word tranquility has crossed my mind in many weeks, if not months.  My heart is quiet within my chest, back to its whispering hum, a comfortable volume of emotion.  As my thoughts drift softly about, flitting from subject to subject like a tiny insect on a spring day among the flowers of the field, I am reminded of my many special friendships.  Each one is unique and vibrant in it's own way.  Varying circumstances cast the light of perspective from different angles making one shine while others appear dull.  One's emotional needs for different kinds of support remain essentially the same from day to day, but in different amounts.  It seems my biggest need at the moment is that of validation.  I feel that I am surrounded by faces shining validation at me from all around.  The light warms my body, glistening like the serene reflection of sunlight off the surface of a pool of water.  I love and am loved.  I like and am liked.  I am.  And it is good.  Even the sadness is good.  It is good because it celebrates the life of someone good.  I cherish.  I breathe.  Life...what a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment