Saturday, May 15, 2010

Who You Are

It's uncertain whether he will ever be conscious enough again in this system to take in what I've written for him, but this is for my dad:

I am so proud that you're my dad
And that I've always been

You lend an ear, you lend a heart
Strong empathy within

Your talents do proliferate
Artful hands and mouth have you

But I love you for who you are
And not what you can do

Jehovah is my Rock you said
And this you've taught me well

They're words worth more than thousands more
Than all that you could sell

Among my fav'rite memories
Of spending time with you

Are times of quiet reverie
With Jah's good gifts in view

Be they gifts of spectacle
Or gifts of words or men

To contemplate His majesty
Returns peace to my heart again

I enjoy hearing you speak
Of that within your heart

It matters not if those words
Are sweet or if they're tart

For who you are is what I love
It's who you'll always be

And who that is will certainly
Spend eternity with me

No comments:

Post a Comment