Sunday, February 23, 2014

Fitness

In my ever cycling relationship with health and fitness, I’ve recently come out of a slump.  About four months ago I found the motivation to start caring for myself physically once again.  The beauty of falling into a slump at all is that starting again is so much easier once you’ve done it before. 

I jumped back into my intense workouts without working myself up to it.  It may have been a bit of a mistake to push myself that hard all at once to begin with (intense cardio followed by weights followed by stretching that lasts approximately 2 hours total).  It took a lot out of me. 

I was sad to have to cut back.  But, in doing so, I’ve continued to experience noticeable progress; so much so that it kind of snuck up on me.  Four months ago I was a size 10-12.  Now I’m back down into a size 6 and I didn’t even realize it until I put on an old pair of jeans. It was a pleasant surprise.

Pushing myself hard increased my strength and muscle mass and changed my body in a more visible way.  But working out in a more moderate way helped me to lose weight more rapidly, it seems. 

I just felt like sharing.  J  Does anyone else feel like sharing their latest fitness experiences?  I’d love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment