Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Beauty Within

Sorting through the library sized content of emotional baggage in my soul, I land today on the topic of a loved one's suffering.  I was just updated on the current condition of someone very dear and spent the better part of the night unable to escape what it must be like inside his mind and body right now.  My heart bursts with the mental anguish imbued in the words he has used to describe himself in this state.  "I am a monster!" he cries.

This is a man whose life has been focused and successful.  He's been able to complete a seemingly unending number of tasks competently and quickly.  He has been able to empathize with others, to inspire them, to cause a love for Jehovah to swell within their hearts.  He's been able to take spiritual topics and connect them with simple yet memorable ideas that help plant them deeply in the hearts of his children and others.  His courage and ability to endure his excruciating, crippling pain and increasingly dis-functioning body, while becoming almost entirely dependent on others, is inspiring to many, including myself.  I only hope I can be there for him in any small way.  All I can do is sit with him quietly, exuding love and providing company to stave off the loneliness.  So, that is what I shall do.

If anyone out there knows of any amazing prices on airline tickets from Buffalo or Toronto to LA, please let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment