Monday, April 26, 2010

The Darkest Nights

It's amazing how the darkest nights bring the brightest mornings.

I spent the evening awakened by baby, kept awake by my husband's acidity (which causes him to have restless legs syndrome) and pangs of distress over needing to communicate my own thoughts and feelings after having relinquished them to the thoughts and feelings of others.  I was sure that, after such a fitful night, I would be dragging and intensely tired today.  But no.  Apparently the baggage I sorted through mentally last night was more beneficial and invigorating than actual sleep.  Today I am alert, confident, centered.  Of course, the real test will be when/if conflict arises.  I believe I'll stand up to the test.

Today I hope to accomplish two things related to last night and a third, even more important to the well-being of my psyche:

1) Buy my tickets to California.
2) Reserve Diesel's spot in a summer program.
3) And perhaps I'll complete this one first, study for Tuesday night.

I mustn't discount all that has ALREADY been accomplished this morning, either.  Today is shaping up to be quite wonderful.

I hope anyone who reads this is having a good day as well.  Please let me know if you are.  Connecting with people and their problems or triumphs helps me to get out of my own head and makes the world that much better and easier to navigate.  Do you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment