Friday, April 16, 2010

Nostalgia

The smell of the fresh, green grass wafts past my face carried by the cool breeze.  My skin is touched by the soft warmth of the sun mixed with lacy shadows from the tree branches above my head.  Beyond the branches is a crystal blue sky with wispy clouds floating, drifting silently.  My little girl sits next to me in the grass discovering its crunchiness for the first time.  My son stares wildly at the teenagers as they practice on their skateboards and bikes.  He runs to tell a lone boy, "Those are some cool tricks!" then runs back to me proud of his interaction.

The swings and climbing things to my back, the skate park ahead, the parking lot to the side and forest all around.  Childhood memories of playing catch blend with hopes for the future of my children.

This is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment